Finding a location to add to the database is a very simple task. There are thousands of paranormal locations on the Internet, several different TV shows that cover paranormal locations, as well as, several publications that talk about the topic.
You can even construct a Google search for paranormal locations by state or area. Ex: “paranormal Ohio”, “paranormal Texas”.
Verify it is not in the database
Once you find a location, make sure it is not already in the database. The easiest way to do this (at the time of writing this tutorial) is to look at the listing when you go to add a new location. This listing is on the following page: http://www.panicd.com/main.php?p=13 or by connecting as follows:
2. Click on Locations
3. On the main locations page, click Add a Location
The listing is sorted by state, and you can quickly see if the location is already in the database or not. IF IT IS IN THE DATABASE, you can always contribute more information about the location.
What is needed for DBA approval
In order for a location to be DBA approved, the following items must be added in the database for the location:
1. Complete demographic information. This includes the name and address of the location, a link to the “official” website for the location, and a phone number if possible.
2. A photograph of the location.
3. At least one historical record for the location with a proper source.
4. At least one paranormal claim for the location. Paranormal claims should be short sentences.
That is pretty much it. Once you have collected this information, it is time to go ahead and add the location to the database.