There are two pages that will automatically adjust the membership ranking. One is controlled by only DBA’s and the other is when someone brings up the membership profile of a member.
The membership rank is determined as followings:
- Each location you add (and is DBA approved) * 5 points
- Each history record you add (and is DBA approved) * 2 points
- Each story you add (and is DBA approved) * 3 points
- Each claim you add (and is DBA approved) * 4 points
- Each evidence records you add (and is DBA approved) * 10 points
- Each resource record you add (and is DBA approved) * 1 point
- Each time someone views your profile * 1 point
That is all added together, giving the membership rank.
Now… if you add 1 location with the minimum requirements needed for DBA approval… you will get location(5) + history (2) + claim (4) = 11 points. Add some supporting resources for the location and evidence… you could easily get 20+ points for your location.
You can also add additional information to other’s locations to earn (gain) additional points.
So, the more you contribute to the database, the higher your membership rank.
Plain and simple, PANICd.com is an on-line database of locations with reported paranormal activity. Although we have other paranormal related information on the site, the build of the site is the paranormal location database.
The PANICd Team is not Paranormal Investigators, we are paranormal researchers. Once we hear about the claims, we research evidence on the Internet, within books, through multimedia, or through library and historical society archives. Sometimes we may go out on location and collect research evidence as a normal paranormal investigator would, but this is for research to be added to the database.
All information within the database can be added by anyone; however, it is not displayed to the public until it is “DBA Approved”. What this means is that a PANICd Database Administrator has reviewed the information for proper formatting and source information and has approved it to be displayed to the public.
The “DBA Approval” is done for two reasons:
- To make sure that the information entered within the database is not garbage and is properly cited as to where it comes from either a direct link on the Internet or from an offline publication.
- To ensure that spam does not make its way into the database and corrupt the records.
Minimum information to be DBA APPROVED, a location must have at the least the following:
- Name and address to location (so it can be geocoded and added to the map)
- A photograph of the location (if none can be found, we have even used a snapshot of Google Maps)
- At least one history record
- At least one paranormal claim
You can always come back and additional information. Each location will have the following:
- Demographic information
- Address (required)
- Web Address (optional)
- Phone Number (optional)
- Photograph of location (required)
- History about the location (at least 1 required)
- Stories about the location
- Paranormal Claims about the location (at least 1 required)
- Evidence of the paranormal claims as:
- text (journal case log)
- audio (EVP)
The original philosophy behind the membership levels on PANICd will be changing dramatically here in the very near future. We will no longer require a payment in order to move up in levels of membership.
Regular members will be able to move up based on what they wish to contribute to the database, website, and social networking of PANICd. All members of the group will be invited to attend any gatherings or meetings that we may have in order to collect additional research or investigation locations.
We will be posting the different levels of membership on the Become a PANICd.com Investigator page shortly, so please stay tuned for more information and how you can increase your membership level.